What is Pawusa’s Vision
Our 2020 vision
In the year 2020 the world of work will be secure, humane and equitable. Employees will be protected by effective labour legislation and comprehensive collective agreements. The affluent society will promote equality before the law and eliminate discrimination.
Pawusa will be:
- a powerful voice in the workplace and everyday life
- a leading expert and trendsetter in improving the world of work
- a strong and credible bargaining partner
- a forceful and respected lobbying organisation and international stakeholder
- a movement that brings together their members.
- an independent channel of social influence.
- A comprehensive social security and a high standard of welfare services
Pawusa Mission Statement
- Pawusa trade union movement is an organization for equal opportunities, rights and duties for all employees: young and old, men and women.
- To improve the welfare, living standards and democratic participation of employees and to promote a fair and equitable society.
- Organise workers who support the views and Mission of Pawusa.
- Advance the interest of its members, and individually and collectively enter into negotiations for the purpose of collective arrangements.
- Eliminate all types of discrimination based on gender, race, and creed.
- Expose all forms of corruption on all levels of society.
- Support or oppose any laws that will affect the interest of workers.
- Uphold international basic human rights standards on gender equality.
To specified its values as liberty, solidarity, equity, democracy and peace. While these values remain essential to the trade union movement, we need to express them in a more modern form. The values of PAWUSA were clarified as:
Human dignity at work
The trade union movement must work for a more humane working world that provides security – especially in a rapidly changing world – decent work and jobs, adequate and equitable remuneration, more meaningful work and greater job satisfaction.
Equality before the law
Employees and ordinary people must be equal before the law, enjoying equity regardless of individual differences. This equality must be promoted not only at work, but also in society as a whole and in the work of the trade union movement.
Defending the weaker party
The trade union movement takes the side of the weaker party, especially in the world of work. The movement stands united on behalf of the disadvantaged, emphasizing freedom from discrimination and the right to participate in the world of work, in society as a whole, and in the work of the trade union movement. The trade union movement has the capacity, desire and strength to intervene when employees experience injustice.
The work of the trade union movement will be proactive, collective and courageous at all levels, and employees will be comprehensively organized in trade unions.
- A world of work that promotes social justice
- A strong consensus society
- Full employment
- Strong organisational capacity